Systems Administrator (Linux)
Job posting number: #7152227
Posted: June 6, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Summary:
Under the direction of the Director of Systems, the Systems Administrator (Linux) deploys, maintains, and troubleshoots all data center systems. This includes, but is not limited to, permissions, modifications, configuration, backups, restores, provisioning of resources, and other related activities. The Systems Administrator (Linux) participates in system builds, installations, and maintenance. The Systems Administrator (Linux) monitors the daily health of the operating systems and responds to backup related issues.
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science required or equivalent plus 2 years’ experience in Linux Systems Administration. RedHat certification a plus.
2. Ability to perform skilled work in the installation, maintenance, diagnostics, and troubleshooting of RedHat Linux systems.
3. Strong knowledge of setting up, maintaining, and monitoring system hardware in data centers with minimal guidance.
4. Experience utilizing RedHat enterprise management tool as RedHat Ansible Automation and RedHat Satellite.
5. Experience with PowerShell and shell scripting.
6. Experience with programming languages such as Python, C++, Perl, PHP.
7. Experience utilizing various backup software in a virtualized environment like Veeam. Ability to review, troubleshoot and restore systems from backup software as needed.
8. Knowledge of VMware vSphere ESXi and support experience with multisite replication and SRM.
9. Familiarity in working with relational database management systems (SQL, MySQL).
10. Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 and Windows 10/11 in an Active Directory environment.
11. Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and user account management.
12. General knowledge of Cloud technologies, Networking, TCP/IP, and networking protocols (NFS, CIFS, SMB2).
13. Knowledge and experience in website UX design
14. Effective organizational skills to meet schedules and timelines. Must be able to work independently and produce deliverables to meet deadlines.
15. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and balance priorities with efficient time management skills.
16. Strong coordination and planning skills with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
17. Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
18. Good verbal and written communication skills.
19. Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of University personnel and students.
20. Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to creatively challenge current methods and procedures.
21. Independent learner and self-directed; takes the initiative while working within a team context.
22. Must enjoy researching new technologies, learning, and expanding one’s knowledge.
23. Ability to lift and carry equipment and supplies to the best of one’s ability.
24. Ability to work a non-standard schedule.
25. Valid driver’s license and access to transportation for travel between campuses.
26. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.