Mathematics Specialist/Placement Testing Administrator (Metropolitan Campus)
Job posting number: #7152226
Posted: June 6, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Summary:
Under the direction of the Director of the Academic Support Center, the Mathematics Specialist/Placement Testing Administrator is responsible for planning, supervising, tutoring, and supporting students in math courses; administering, and proctoring placement tests for new incoming freshmen and transfer students; placing students according to University guidelines; and working as a mathematics tutor at the Academic Support Center.
1. Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, or related field is required. Master’s degree in mathematics, or related field preferred.
2. Two or more years of relevant work experience in tutoring developmental and college level math courses required; relevant work experience at the post-secondary level is preferred.
3. Prior experience in tutoring developmental and College level math courses.
4. Ability to manage and test large numbers of incoming freshmen and transfer students using Accuplacer and/or other placement testing application(s).
5. Strong computer skills, and research and statistical reporting skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Blackboard, and Datatel a plus.
6. Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
7. Ability to work effectively with a diverse population of students, faculty, staff and administrators.
8. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of students’ information in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations.
9. Available to work non-standard hours including some evenings and/or weekends.
10. Employment is contingent upon satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check.