Job posting number: #7100220 (Ref:hlj_36482)
Posted: May 17, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Full time - Hours Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Responsible for operations, metrics, merchandising, servicing and patient satisfaction.
Utilizes sound business practices to ensure that Key Performance Metrics (KPMs) are met. Supervises, trains and supports stylists and volunteers assigned to the Salon
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of Salon Experience
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and point-of-sale and inventory systems
- Works with natural hair and synthetics
- Conducts personal consultation for all clients prior to performing services
- Provides in-patient hair services
- Provides specialty alterations to wigs/hair prostheses when necessary
- Knowledgeable of infection control procedures
- Conducts quarterly inventory of stock using POS system
- Assists with preparation of revenue and expenses as indicated on proposed budget
- Works closely with Accounts Payable to assure that all invoices are correct and submitted on a timely basis
- Maintain Balanced scorecard to provide monthly KPM update
- Present Look Good, Feel Better presentations
- Works with PR & Marketing to develop and design all promotional activities/displays
- Attends local and national gift shows and hair shows to be informed on trends (when budget allows)
- Responsible for all merchandise displays in and outside of the shop and overall appearance of shop
- Trains all volunteers and maintains a good working relationship with them
- Maintains current knowledge and keep up with trends in the hair styling trade
- Works with American Cancer Society to stay up-to-date with new programs that could impact the Salon
- Seeks new products and/or services that would benefit the clients
- Maintain the Salon in compliance with the Department of Business and Professional Regulation requirements for annual inspections
- Maintain current professional Florida State Cosmetology License including biannual CEU credits as required Knowledge of necessary tools, equipment, industry trends and styles
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- Current Florida Cosmetology License
- Five (5) years of hair styling and salon management experience.
- Knowledge of Department of Business and Professional regulation requirements for annual inspection.
- Experience working with wigs and other types of hair prostheses is preferred.
Associate’s Degree – Business management
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.