RN Hospital - Pulmonary Stepdown
Job posting number: #7090320 (Ref:19595805408)
Posted: December 8, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
*FULL TIME, PART TIME, PRN OPENINGS*
Full time: DAY/NIGHT ROTATIONS, 12 HOUR SHIFTS
Part Time: 10-12 hour shifts, Day/Night rotation
PRN: Variable shifts, must meet 48 hours in 6 weeks
Join a culture whose goal is excellence...
The G91Pulmonary/Integrated CareUnitat Cleveland Clinic Main Campus is part of Cleveland Clinic Health Systems Respiratory Institute. We are a 34-bedunitwho services higher acuitypulmonarystep-down patients. We care for those who have end stage disease processes such as COPD, asthma, interstitial lung disease, andpulmonaryhypertension. In addition, we are the destinationunitfor patients who undergo balloon angioplasty of thepulmonaryartery for symptom management of chronic thromboemboli. Our dedicated nurses are highly trained to care for patients with tracheostomy, difficult airways, chest tubes, high flow oxygen, IV prostacyclin therapy via CADD pump, BiPAP and CPAP, home ventilators, and conventional ventilators. All rooms have bedside monitoring capability, along with the option to monitor remotely with telemetry.
With a patient’s first mentality, nursing staff participates in daily rounds with ourpulmonaryphysicians, advanced practice providers, case management, and respiratory therapy to meet patient care goals and to assist with discharge planning. Our highly motivated team is committed to providing our patients with quality, compassionate care. The unique approach to multidisciplinary rounding at the bedside, combined with giving bedside handoff report is well received and appreciated by our patients.
The nursing staff on G 91 is highly engaged and committed to quality outcomes. We boast a very successful Shared Governance, who has worked to promote staff satisfaction and address practice issues. Through the leadership and mentoring of our CNS/educator team, we host biannualunitspecific hands-on competency days. We also engage staff with critical thinking rounds and new caregiver roundtables.
We follow the Cleveland Clinic Nursing Institute’s mission: “To be the global leader in the professional practice of nursing through education, research, innovation, collaboration and quality where compassionate caregivers excel and patients are first.”
- 10 Private rooms
34 Step-down beds
Higher acuity/MICU step-down
Full monitoring capability in every bed space
Designated respiratory therapists onunit
Pulmonaryservice and General Internal Medicine patients
Assistant Nurse Manager and Nurse Manager availability 24/7
ANCC Magnet Designated Hospital
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Monitors and documents patient's condition and effectiveness and timeliness of care and/or interventions.
- Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing protocol.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses educational needs of the patient and significant others considering cultural issues and other special concerns.
- Provides teaching and educational material as appropriate.
- Validates and documents patient and family understanding of teaching.
- Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN preferred.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
- If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification must be presented upon hire or within first year of employment.
- Within one year of hire RNs in Children's Hospital and Children's Hospital for Rehabilitation will achieve and maintain Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) with the exception of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit RNs who must achieve and maintain Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA) provider status and RNs in the Special Delivery Unit, who must achieve and maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
- ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 1 year of employment if employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is administered.
- If in an Adult/Combined EDs, ACLS upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC - adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion (CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) areas.
- Any registered nurse or advanced practice nurse must obtain a cancer specific certification or demonstrate ongoing qualifying education within the timeframe of the facilities accreditation cycle, if they work in medical oncology, radiation oncology, cancer center or cancer clinic and/or administer chemotherapy within an accredited Cleveland Clinic facility.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital setting required for acute care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or skilled nursing facility (SNF) experience required for SNF care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or rehab experience required for rehab care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or Emergency Department (ED) experience required for ED settings.
- Will consider licensed military RN experience.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.