Research Coordinator I
Job posting number: #7088945 (Ref:hlj_33904)
Posted: November 12, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute is an NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida. We strive to be the leader in understanding the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt's team of over 800 research faculty scientists, career staff scientists, postdocs, graduate students and support staff dedicated to cancer research.
- Assist with research project focused on promoting uptake of the COVID-19 vaccine in young adults. Other projects may focus on genetic testing and counseling, reproductive health, and cancer prevention through vaccination and screening.
- Challenging and interesting work with participants and multiple stakeholders at the cancer center and in the community.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Completely bilingual in English and Spanish; written and oral form.
- A professional, personable, organized individual with experience in healthcare, public health, behavioral health research, and/or oncology.
- Experience interacting with study participants and/or outreach to healthcare professionals, patient and/or community populations.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized.
- Ability to have strong attention to detail while managing study materials and entering data.
- Assist with facilitation of study on promotion/education surrounding COVID-19 vaccination for young adults.
- Assist with facilitation of cancer research studies.
- Assist with participant recruitment, tracking, management, and retention, preparation of study materials, and data entry.
- Manages several tasks at a time for different research projects.
- Communicates with and follows up with participants as needed.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Associate degree required with 2 years of relevant experience OR Bachelor’s degree in relevant field is required.
- Hands on research experience
- Must have good organization and communication skills.
- Must work well under pressure of meeting mandatory deadlines.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.