Senior Accountant Financial Reporting (Fin Reporting Admin)
Job posting number: #7088861 (Ref:hlj_33868)
Posted: November 11, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Financial Reporting Administrator
- This position is responsible for the preparation of the Cancer Center's monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and presentations provided to management for presentation to Executive Leadership, the Board of Directors, Audit Committee, Joint Investment Committee and outside parties.
- Individual is the subject matter expert on bond compliance as well as on the latest accounting pronouncements applicable to the Cancer Center and provides research support as directed by the Manager of Accounting and Financial Reporting and/or Director of Accounting. Responsible for assisting in the investor relations program including providing information to rating agencies, analysts and institutional investors, as needed.
- Individual works with insurance brokers and management to coordinate the application process for the renewal of Cancer Center's insurance policies, assists with the Cancer Center's liability valuations, and is responsible for coordinating and reviewing IT/Research lease contracts.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a Hospital setting and Not-for-Profit Accounting.
- The candidate would have experience in Debt Compliance reporting and a working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- External/Internal Financial Reporting – ensures preparation of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statement reporting for all companies for presentation by the EVP/VP or Director of Accounting to Senior Mgmt, the Board and outside parties
- Investor Relations/Bond Compliance – assists in providing information to develop and maintain effective relationships with rating agencies, analysts and institutional investors.
- Coordination of Insurance renewal application process and Liability valuations
- Project Management – Oversees the inter-company allocation process and ensures allocations are accurate, updated and documented. Coordinates and tracks IT/Research lease contracts. Reviews proposed leases to ensure compliance requirements are met and documented.
- Ensures departmental policies and procedures are reviewed and maintained on an annual basis
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree – field of study: Accounting
- Three (3) years’ experience in Financial Reporting
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.