Director of Nursing Student Recruitment
Job posting number: #7087162 (Ref:(Job ID #151318))
Posted: October 14, 2021
Application Deadline: October 29, 2021
Job DescriptionTitle: Director of Nursing Student Recruitment (Job ID #151318)
Category: Academic Professional
Close Date: 10/29/2021
Applications are invited for the position of Director of Nursing Student Recruitment at the College of Nursing at the University of Illinois Chicago (UIC). The UIC College of Nursing has a long history of excellence in nursing leadership, research, education and practice at the University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System (UI Health) and throughout urban and rural communities locally and globally.
The College offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, a Master of Science degree, a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree with 12 specialties, a Doctor of Philosophy, and several specialty certificate programs. The 1,500 diverse baccalaureate and graduate students apply “science to solutions” at six campuses - Chicago, Peoria, Quad Cities, Rockford, Springfield and Urbana. UIC Nursing, Chicago campus, houses the $6.1 million, state-of-the-art M. Christine Schwartz Experiential Learning & Simulation Laboratory, which is among the largest at any U.S. nursing school.
The College has consistently ranked in the top ten among all U.S. nursing schools for NIH research funding. The UIC Nursing DNP program is ranked 9th in the nation by the 2020 US News & World Report and the RN to BSN Online Degree is ranked 3rd. And this year, in their first ranking for undergraduate nursing programs, our program was ranked #19 overall in the US News Best Colleges 2022 rankings.
The University of Illinois Chicago
Located in the heart of Chicago, UIC is the city’s only public research university. Its 16 academic colleges serve more than 33,000 undergraduate, graduate and professional students. UIC is recognized as one of the most ethnically rich and culturally diverse campuses in the nation, a leader in providing access to underrepresented students. With seven health sciences colleges, UIC is the state’s principal educator of health professionals and a major healthcare provider to underserved communities. UIC students become professionals in fields ranging from law and business to engineering to education, liberal arts and sciences, urban planning, and social work, as well as architecture, design and the arts. UIC is an integral part of the educational, technological, and cultural fabric of one of the world’s greatest cities. The campus is designated a Minority, Hispanic, and Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. The university is a five-time recipient of the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award from INSIGHT into Diversity magazine. UIC is ranked 22nd among the 340 U.S. public universities and a top 10 best value university, according to the 2021 Wall Street Journal and Times Higher Education rankings.
This position is responsible for planning, directing, implementing, and assessing recruitment and yield strategies and formulating the strategic plan to meet the enrollment goals of the College of Nursing (CON) across all campuses. The Director of College Recruitment is responsible for developing and maintaining partnerships with feeder high schools, community colleges, undergraduate programs, and health care systems related to student outreach and pipeline programs. Travel is necessary for this role.
Job Responsibilities (Essential Duties)
• Develop and implement a comprehensive recruitment plan including yield strategies to attract prospective undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students to meet the enrollment needs and targets of the CON across all programs and campuses.
• Responsible for college recruitment and yield activities for all CON programs across all campuses.
• Direct strategic approaches to improve enrollment efforts in the CON including outreach, partnerships, special events, and communication strategies.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment strategies and make recommendations for program changes and/or enhancements.
• Execute the budget for recruitment.
• Collaborate with the Associate Director of Data and Analytics to compile, assess, and interpret student data, event outcomes, recruitment trends, and market area trends. Report findings to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, senior leadership and faculty. Update and report regularly on recruiting events and outcomes.
• In partnership with Director of Marketing and Public Affairs, produce marketing and social media campaigns to promote CON recruitment and yield activities.
• Collaborate with CON Department Heads, Program Directors, Campus Directors, and designated campus personnel on outreach and enrollment efforts.
• Work with the Office of Advancement to tap into potential recruitment opportunities through CON alumni and friends.
• Collaborate with the Associate Dean for Equity and Inclusion and the Director of the College Urban Health Program (UHP) on recruitment of students from diverse backgrounds, particularly at HBCU and H.S.I. Institutions.
• Serve as primary liaison to University Academic and Enrollment Services.
• Represent the CON at appropriate UIC and College committees and on-campus events to enhance recruitment and provide information about the nursing profession and CON programs.
• Participate in professional associations related to recruitment.
• Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
A minimum of a Bachelors’ degree required (in health-related discipline, marketing, communications, business, or liberal arts & sciences degree) Master’s preferred in marketing, communications, or health-related discipline preferred.
Three (3) years management experience preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge and sensitivity to working with diverse populations and demonstrable ability of an awareness and sensitivity to socio-ethnic and cultural communication styles.
At least three years of recruitment experience working in an academic environment (e.g. Admissions and Records, Advising, Student Support/Advocacy).
Experience with recruitment and admissions processes at the college level. Experience with Customer Management Systems (e.g. Slate) and marketing preferred.
Experience with social media platforms and evaluation social media data preferred.
Experience in designing and developing marketing material for targeted audiences.
Proven experience and ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
Strong commitment to recruitment.
Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, organizational, interpersonal skills, and computer skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to work independently.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability.
Offers of employment by the University of Illinois may be subject to approval by the University’s Board of Trustees and are made contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of any criminal background checks and other pre-employment assessments that may be required for the position being offered. Additional information regarding such pre-employment checks and assessments may be provided as applicable during the hiring process.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899
University of Illinois faculty, staff and students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This employment offer is contingent on your timely submission of proof of your vaccination. If you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek approval for an exemption in accordance with applicable University processes.