Job posting number: #7085684
Posted: September 20, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Description Summary:
The Division of Safety and Facilities aims to provide a safe and secure campus environment for all members of the university community through best-in-class technological and physical infrastructure, proactive assessment and analysis, and a caring team of professionals dedicated to upholding the university’s values with the highest degree of conscientiousness.
Reporting to the Administrative Manager for Safety & Facilities, the Administrative Associate supports the day-to-day operational needs for the Division of Safety & Facilities, with specific responsibilities supporting the Event & Venues team.
Oversees division-wide special projects to include recommending methods to help improve administrative procedures related to the activity.
Facilitates the day-to-day staffing needs for special events staff (contract/temporary staff, part-time professional, and student staff) for Events & Venues. Manages the recruitment, selection, onboarding, training, and scheduling of these staff members. Mentors staff members and identifies areas for improvement to maintain customer service standards.
Collaborates with GW HR, Payroll, Benefits, and DSF Sr. Administrative Assistant to ensure that all payroll and relevant leave administration needs are met for special events contract/temporary staff.
Oversee the coordination of the daily administrative activities for Events and Venues leadership teams; by overseeing the coordination of meetings, handling inquiries/requests independently within established procedures. Assists with the planning and implementation of annual university events, initiatives, and other special projects.
Research issues and gather data for the preparation of reports and other communiques to be used in meetings and presentations.
As a shared staff resource, supports the day-to-day administrative strategies and service delivery for the Division of Safety and Facilities staff at Foggy Bottom, Mt. Vernon, and the Virginia Science and Technology Campuses.
Collaborates with the support services team to provide shared support on various division-wide special projects, meetings, or events.
Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude leadership from assigning duties that are logically related to this position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a must with the ability to interact within a diverse university population.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, GSuite, Adobe, Constant Contact, list serve management Google Drive and other software programs that may be necessary to effectively support the Business Integration Group.
• Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and administrative skills.
We are seeking an individual with the following characteristics:
• Commitment to GW’s values
• Intellectual, professional and a person of integrity
• Honest, with the highest ethical standards
• Passionate, collaborative, strategic, and smart with a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves orientation
• Ability to work independently. Self-starter; hard worker. Takes initiative; very high energy
• Personally accountable. Assumes ownership, control and accountability for all areas of responsibility and commitments made to others;
• Sincere, open, and direct communicator. Puts organizational interests above self- interests and is comfortable expressing candid opinions
• Highest levels of responsiveness
• Combination of strong intellect that is combined with a practical and realistic common sense understanding of how to get things done
• Ability to demonstrate initiative, a strong desire to succeed and exert the extraordinary effort often required
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth, entrepreneurial environment
• Ability to work with faculty and staff in a respectful way
• Establish trust and credibility with institutional leadership and across the University
• Seeks “win-win” solutions to help foster continued integration and collaboration
• Flexible and receptive to change; and
• A positive “can-do” attitude.