SPVR CLINICAL INFORMATICS
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
Job posting number: #7073513 (Ref:hlj_28466)
Posted: December 24, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Responsible for the day to day operation and support of the Informatics Department in assigned areas.
Supervise a team of informaticists according to established plan for optimizing user experience and adoption of workflow in the facility.
Provides direction to clinical informatics staff on the gathering and analysis of data to determine ROI.
Provides expertise as a change agent and project management expert for new innovation.
Uses change management strategies throughout the planning and implementation process to ensure success.
Trains, coaches, and evaluates assigned team members on performance expectations and applies progressive discipline when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Active Nursing License, ANCC
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a Registered Nurse, a minimum three (3) years experience in a Clinical Analyst or Informatics position, and one (1) year supervisor or management experience.
- Required: Verifiable Electronic Health Record (“EHR”) training, support, and/or implementation experience. Previous experience training and supporting clinicians, preferably with clinical information systems.
- In addition to the minimum requirements, the ideal candidate will have a Master’s Degree, 1-3 years of management experience, and hands on knowledge of Cerner.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and facilitate multidisciplinary clinician groups as part of a clinical information system support.
- Excellent understanding of departmental/clinical operations, providers, nursing and ancillary workflows and terminology.
- Demonstrated leadership, shows high interest in systems improvement, (computerized or human process), strong analytical and problem solving skills; willing to work at a detailed level; good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively understand physician and nursing requirements and identify technology and process-based solutions.
- Able to balance customer focus while supporting EHR initiatives.
- Ensure that Clinical Informatics Scopes and Standards Standards as outlined per the ANCC are incorporated into departmental work activities.
- Oversee staffing needs of the department are met during routine and go-live events.
- Participate in ongoing mentoring program for team members with strong emphasis on ANCC certification.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.